The Canny Collar is an innovative dog training collar designed to stop your dog from pulling on the leash. Unlike a headcollar, the Canny Collar is made up of a conventional collar with a slip line that fits over your dog’s nose. The leash attaches behind your dog’s head rather than under his chin.
The Canny Collar works by a simple pressure and release system. When your dog is pulling on the leash, gentle pressure is applied to the bridge of his nose and mouth.
As soon as your dog stops pulling, the pressure is released providing positive reinforcement and reward for good behavior. The dog quickly realizes that by walking at your side and not pulling on the leash, both of you can enjoy your walk with out either one of you choking or panting!
Due to its unique design, there is no tightening at the neck and the slip line will not ride up into your dog’s eyes or restrict his mouth, allowing him to eat, drink and paint freely. The Canny Collar can easily be used to train your dog walk on a standard collar. Once your dog is accustomed to the canny collar, simply drop the slip line off his nose for short periods of time and see how he progresses.
Tips for Success:
- Ensure you purchase the correct size for your dog. A snug fit is essential to ensure it cannot come off. There is a size guide on the rear of the packaging and the website also has details of how to measure your dog for the best possible fit. Kosmo’s DogHouse staff members will also be able to assist you with any further questions.
- Put the collar on and go for a walk immediately. Keep your leash short but loose and aim to have your dog in the heel position. Praise him vocally when he begins to walk well
- The first time you put the slip line over your dog’s nose, some dogs may resist it and try to paw it off their face. Your dog simply needs to become accustomed to it, as he did the first time you attached his collar and leash. You should continue to walk, lifting his leash and gently encouraging him to follow you. Once he is moving, instantly lower the leash to release the pressure and give him plenty of vocal praise as well.
- Once any initial resistance has stopped, continue to walk a short distance and then stop and praise your dog.
- Within a short time, your dog will be a pleasure to walk again!
Mon - 10am - 6pm
Tues - Sat - 8am - 6pm
Sun - 10am - 4pm
Mon - Sat 8am - 4pm
Sun - 8am - 2pm
*BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
*Call for Special Needs.
10105 E. Via Linda #A-108
Scottsdale, Arizona 85258